It has now been over two months since we have been able to gather together. We are pleased to say that we are preparing to welcome you back to Mass starting on Pentecost Sunday, May 31. Houses of Worship are required to meet all State, Municipal, and Archdiocesan guidelines, in order to resume the public celebration of Mass. We want to move at a deliberate pace in order to feel confident that we are not compromising the health and safety of our staff, our Shrine community, or our neighbors. Please carefully read through the information below so that when you come back to Mass, we are able to pray together in a way that is safe for all.
The Shrine will continue to livestream Sunday Mass at 11:30am on Facebook.
Below is a summary of the guidelines and regulations that must be observed at the Shrine as determined by the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Maintain physical distancing
- A face covering must be worn inside the Shrine at all times
- Do not enter the Shrine if you are sick
- Follow the direction of Shrine staff and volunteers
- Hymnals have been removed from the pews
- Be cautious about returning. Come to Mass only when you are comfortable.
- Receive Communion on your hand.
- Although there will be music at Mass, the congregation is asked not to sing
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, please bring your own bottle with you if you are able.
There are additional details which will be outlined below regarding seating, offertory, Holy Communion, and moving through the Shrine.
Arriving for Mass:
- Pews have been marked with tape to ensure proper distancing. Please sit only where there is tape on the pew. Volunteers and Shrine staff will help you find a seat.
- The Shrine will have a capacity of 40 people for Mass.
- Seating will take place on a first come, first served basis and our capacity requirements must be maintained.
- Seating will begin at the front of the Shrine.
- Fill the available seats closest to the front first.
- Generally speaking, each seat is reserved for an individual, households may sit together.
- Masks will be required to be worn inside the Shrine throughout Mass (please see detailed instructions for receiving communion below)
- Please do not sing during Mass
- A collection basket will be made available as you enter or exit the Shrine for your offering.
- You are encouraged to make an offering online or via Venmo @SeaportShrine
- The Sign of Peace will be omitted
- Stay in your seat.
- The priest or Eucharistic Minister, will come to you.
- Do not wear gloves to receive Communion
- Please keep your mask on. Communion will be placed into your hand.
- Please open your hand wide enough so that the Host may be placed into your hand without contact.
- Remove your face covering and consume the host after the priest has stepped away from you.
- There will be no procession
- We ask that everyone exit the Shrine in an orderly fashion, starting with the back of the Shrine and exiting pew by pew.
The Shrine will be cleaned between Masses. Pews, doors, and other common areas will be sanitized.
Below is the Shrine schedule beginning on May 31, 2020. This schedule will remain in place until further notice.
Masses: 9:30am, 11:30am, 7:00pm
Open: 9:00am – 8:00pm.
Monday – Friday
Open: 9:00am – 1:30pm
Confessions available 30min. before and after weekday Mass.
Confessions will be offered in the confessional, please keep your mask on and sit in the chair in order to ensure proper distancing.