Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 6:30a.m. - 6:30p.m.
Saturday: 9:00a.m. - 6:00p.m.
Sunday: 9:00a.m. - 8:00p.m.
The Shrine is handicap accessible.
Monday - Friday: 7:30a.m. and 12:10p.m.
Sunday: 9:30a.m., 11:30a.m. and 7:00p.m.
Monday - Friday: After 12:10 Mass - 1:30p.m.
Mass cards are available. Please call or email the Shrine to reserve a Mass intention.
Low-Gluten Hosts Available
We have low-gluten hosts, as authorized by the U.S. Bishops Conference, available for those persons who suffer from celiac disease or wheat allergies. Please inform the priest of your special need well before Mass begins.
Weekdays, Monday - Friday
8:00a.m. to 8:30a.m.
11:30a.m. to 12:00 noon
1:00p.m. to 1:30p.m.
Priest available for confession: 4:30p.m. to 6:30p.m. (Except on Tuesdays)
The sacrament of reconciliation may also be celebrated by appointment, if you would like to schedule a meeting with a priest, please call or email the Shrine: 339-201-1184
Validated parking is offered on Sundays at two nearby garages at a discounted rate of $9 for all day parking with a validation ticket or sticker.
- One Seaport Garage, 75 Sleeper Street, Boston MA 02210, across the street from the Shrine.
- The Atlantic Wharf Garage, 280 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210, an eight-minute walk to the Shrine
To take advantage of this special rate, please ask a Shrine employee for a chaser ticket or validation sticker after Mass.
On Weekdays (Monday - Friday), if Boston Public Schools are CLOSED the Shrine will be CLOSED. If Boston Public Schools are DELAYED, the Shrine will have a delayed opening at 11:30 a.m.
If there is Winter weather on a Sunday, the Shrine will remain OPEN.
Please check our social media pages for the most current information on unscheduled closings.
The Shrine is generally CLOSED for Federal Holidays, the Shrine is closed for the days listed below:
- New Year's Day (January 1) Open, January 1 is Observed as a Holy Day of Obligation, please check our Holy Day of Obligation Schedule.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- President's Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May).
- Independence Day (July 4).
- Labor Day (First Monday in September).
- Columbus Day (Second Monday in October).
- Veterans Day (November 11).
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November).