9:30 am, 11:30 am, 7:00 pm
Monday - Friday
First Friday Latin Mass
Note: We are urging all attendees to pre-register using EventBrite (EventBrite Registration). EventBrite registration greatly facilitates public safety in the event of an outbreak requiring contact tracing and helps shrine staff regulate attendance. Please try to arrive at least ten minutes before the start of liturgies.
Facebook Live Mass from the Shrine: Sundays 11:30am (We hope to resume these livestreamed Masses soon.)
CHRISTMAS MASS SCHEDULE (Christmas 2020)
THURS., DEC. 24TH- 3 pm; 4:30 pm; 6 pm
FRI., DEC. 25TH- 9:30 am; 11:30 am
SHRINE IS CLOSED THANKSGIVING DAY, THURS. NOV. 26TH, & FRI. NOV. 27TH.
Holy Days of Obligation (When the day falls on Sunday, it is not celebrated. e.g. November 1st.)
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 10am-3pm
Sunday: 9am-1pm; 6:30pm-8pm
Please, wear a face mask. Sit or stand in designated locations. Members of different households please maintain social distancing.
Monday - Friday: 30 min. before and after 12:10 Mass (On occasion, the Priest on duty may be able to stay longer or may have to depart earlier than planned.)
Adoration-Fridays following the 12:10 pm Mass
Mass cards are available. Please call or email the Shrine to reserve a Mass intention.
Schedule Mass intentions will be celebrated at private Masses. Mass intentions may still be scheduled for future dates.
Offertory donations now accepted on Venmo.
Low-Gluten Hosts Available
We have low-gluten hosts, as authorized by the U.S. Bishops Conference, available for those persons who suffer from celiac disease or wheat allergies. Please, inform the priest of your special need well before Mass begins.
Validated parking is offered on Sundays at two nearby garages at a discounted rate of $9 for all day parking with a validation ticket or sticker.
- One Seaport Garage, 75 Sleeper Street, Boston MA 02210, across the street from the Shrine.
- The Atlantic Wharf Garage, 280 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210, an eight-minute walk to the Shrine
To take advantage of this special rate, please ask a Shrine employee for a chaser ticket or validation sticker after Mass.
On Weekdays (Monday - Friday), if Boston Public Schools are CLOSED or DELAYED, the Shrine will have a delayed opening at 11:00 a.m.
The Shrine will be CLOSED if there is severe weather, this will be announced via the Shrine website, social media, and Flocknotes. Please be sure to follow the Shrine social media pages: Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter (@SeaportShrine) and sign up for Flocknotes for the most current updates about unscheduled closings.
If there is Winter weather on a Sunday, the Shrine will remain OPEN.
The Shrine is generally CLOSED for Federal Holidays, the Shrine is closed for the days listed below:
- New Year's Day (January 1) Open, January 1 is Observed as a Holy Day of Obligation, please check our Holy Day of Obligation Schedule.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- President's Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May).
- Independence Day (July 4).
- Labor Day (First Monday in September).
- Columbus Day (Second Monday in October).
- Veterans Day (November 11).
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November).