The Shrine will resume public Masses on May 31.
Please review the information below:
Below is a summary of the guidelines and regulations that must be observed at the Shrine as determined by the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Maintain physical distancing
- A face covering must be worn inside the Shrine at all times
- Do not enter the Shrine if you are sick
- Follow the direction of Shrine staff and volunteers
- Hymnals have been removed from the pews
- Be cautious about returning. Come to Mass only when you are comfortable.
- Receive Communion on your hand.
- Although there will be music at Mass, the congregation is asked not to sing
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, please bring your own bottle with you if you are able.
There are additional details which will be outlined below regarding seating, offertory, Holy Communion, and moving through the Shrine.
Arriving for Mass:
- Pews have been marked with tape to ensure proper distancing. Please sit only where there is tape on the pew. Volunteers and Shrine staff will help you find a seat.
- The Shrine will have a capacity of 40 people for Mass.
- Seating will take place on a first come, first served basis and our capacity requirements must be maintained.
- Seating will begin at the front of the Shrine.
- Fill the available seats closest to the front first.
- Generally speaking, each seat is reserved for an individual, households may sit together.
- Masks will be required to be worn inside the Shrine throughout Mass (please see detailed instructions for receiving communion below)
- Please do not sing during Mass
- A collection basket will be made available as you enter or exit the Shrine for your offering.
- You are encouraged to make an offering online or via Venmo @SeaportShrine
- The Sign of Peace will be omitted
- Stay in your seat.
- The priest or Eucharistic Minister, will come to you.
- Do not wear gloves to receive Communion
- Please keep your mask on. Communion will be placed into your hand.
- Please open your hand wide enough so that the Host may be placed into your hand without contact.
- Remove your face covering and consume the host after the priest has stepped away from you.
- There will be no recessional
- We ask that everyone exit the Shrine in an orderly fashion, starting with the back of the Shrine and exiting pew by pew.
Sunday Mass, Facebook Live
Sunday Mass live streamed on Facebook at 11:30am
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to make sure all Catholics have access to the Mass. You can watch daily & Sunday Masses from the Catholic TV studio chapel. English Mass Sunday-Friday, Spanish Mass on Sunday. Please share this resource!
In addition to this wonderful resource provided by the Augustine Institute, the Shrine will continue to offer daily reflections from Fr. Paolo and Fr. Bryan. These reflections can be found on our YouTube Channel or on our social media pages. Facebook | Twitter
For a list of virtual AA meetings, click here.
The Shrine meeting is now online!
Topic: Seaport Steps(12 Step Meeting)
Time: Tuesday 5:30 - 6:30pm EST. This is a recurring meeting invite!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 561 921 6193
Please consider making a donation to the Shrine during this difficult time. The Shrine depends on weekly Sunday collections to continue our ministry in the Seaport. As we temporarily close our doors and are unable to gather together as a community, our need of your support remains.
Click here to support the Shrine.
Select "Shrine of Our Lady of Good Voyage (Boston)" on the donation form.
A Message from Cardinal Sean
AA meetings on Tuesday are suspended until further notice.
All other scheduled events are cancelled until further notice:
- Bible Study
- Wednesday Rosary
- Friday Stations of the Cross
- Young Adult Group Meetings
- Thursday Coffee and Conversation