Please review the information below:
Below is a summary of the guidelines and regulations that must be observed at the Shrine as determined by the Archdiocese of Boston.
- Maintain physical distancing
- A face covering must be worn inside the Shrine at all times
- Do not enter the Shrine if you are sick
- Follow the direction of Shrine staff and volunteers
- Hymnals have been removed from the pews
- Be cautious about returning. Come to Mass only when you are comfortable.
- Receive Communion on your hand.
- Although there will be music at Mass, the congregation is asked not to sing hymns
- Hand sanitizer will be provided, please bring your own bottle with you if you are able.
There are additional details which will be outlined below regarding seating, offertory, Holy Communion, and moving through the Shrine.
Arriving for Mass:
- Pews have been marked with stickers to ensure proper distancing. Please, sit only where there are stickers on the pew. Volunteers and Shrine staff will help you find a seat.
- Generally speaking, each seat is reserved for an individual, households may sit together.
- Masks will be required to be worn inside the Shrine throughout Mass (please, see detailed instructions for receiving communion below)
- You are encouraged to make an offering online or via Venmo @SeaportShrine
- The Sign of Peace will be omitted
- Process up the side aisles. Eucharistic ministers will be stationed at the front of each side aisle.
- Please keep your mask on. Communion will be placed into your hand.
- Please open your hand wide enough so that the Host may be placed into your hand without contact.
- Remove your face covering and consume the host after you step away from the Eucharistic minister.
- Return to your seat via the center aisle after consuming the Eucharist.
- Do not wear gloves to receive Communion.
- We ask that everyone exit the Shrine in an orderly fashion, starting with the back of the Shrine and exiting pew by pew.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to make sure all Catholics have access to the Mass. You can watch daily & Sunday Masses from the Catholic TV studio chapel. English Mass Sunday-Friday, Spanish Mass on Sunday. Please share this resource!
In addition to this wonderful resource provided by the Augustine Institute, the Shrine will continue to offer daily reflections from Fr. Paolo and Fr. Bryan. These reflections can be found on our YouTube Channel or on our social media pages. Facebook | Twitter
For a list of virtual AA meetings, click here.
Seaport Steps(12 Step Meeting)
Time: Tuesday 5:30pm - 6:30pm. This is a recurring meeting invite!
Please consider making a donation to the Shrine during this difficult time. The Shrine depends on weekly Sunday collections to continue our ministry in the Seaport. As we temporarily close our doors and are unable to gather together as a community, our need of your support remains.
Click here to support the Shrine.
Select "Shrine of Our Lady of Good Voyage (Boston)" on the donation form.
A Message from Cardinal Sean